Welcome Guest! To enable all features please login.

Notification

Icon
Error

6 Pages«<456
saz9961
#101 Posted : 17 August 2018 23:51:49(UTC)
saz9961

Groups: ForumModerator, OCMember, Registered

Was thanked: 590 time(s) in 530 post(s)

The car it came from originally

Original

Edited by user 17 August 2018 23:52:44(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Chillax
#102 Posted : 18 August 2018 07:53:14(UTC)
Chillax

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 13 post(s)

Wow, that looks sweet! Is that original wheel smaller than the Nardi? Looks a bit smaller in the photos. Damn I need those mirrors!!!! Lol mine are just black at the moment.

Drives: Mk1 Mazda MX5 NA. Life is a journey best travelled with the top down!
Chillax
#103 Posted : 18 August 2018 18:49:33(UTC)
Chillax

Man

Got her all hoovered out today and interior cleaned as she was pretty grubby. Went into house and Gayle my Mrs said, "oh, sun's out!"  Which translated into sun's out, time for a wee run in Mindy!

Took her down the coast road and suspension faults aside, really loved it!  Forgot to take the camera so apologies for the phone shots!

Oh, and I have the bestest Mrs ever! While I was out cleaning Mindy's interior, she'd been searching eBay for a new hood! She got a brand new one for £120! Going to drive up to Aberdeen tomorrow to collect it. The hood is one thing that totally let the car down, as it is completely gubbed. Can't wait to get this new one fitted. One box ticked, next, suspension!

Really need to start a project thread now!

Chillax
#104 Posted : 18 August 2018 18:51:49(UTC)
Chillax

Man

Got her all hoovered out today and interior cleaned as she was pretty grubby. Went into house and Gayle my Mrs said, "oh, sun's out!"  Which translated into sun's out, time for a wee run in Mindy!

Took her down the coast road and suspension faults aside, really loved it!  Forgot to take the camera so apologies for the phone shots!

Oh, and I have the bestest Mrs ever! While I was out cleaning Mindy's interior, she'd been searching eBay for a new hood! She got a brand new one for £120! Going to drive up to Aberdeen tomorrow to collect it. The hood is one thing that totally let the car down, as it is completely gubbed. Can't wait to get this new one fitted. One box ticked, next, suspension!

Really need to start a project thread now!

saz9961
#105 Posted : 18 August 2018 21:28:35(UTC)
saz9961

Groups: ForumModerator, OCMember, Registered

Was thanked: 590 time(s) in 530 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Chillax Go to Quoted Post

Wow, that looks sweet! Is that original wheel smaller than the Nardi? Looks a bit smaller in the photos. Damn I need those mirrors!!!! Lol mine are just black at the moment.

The plastic original wheel looks huge

Edited by user 18 August 2018 21:29:07(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked saz9961 for this useful post.
Chillax on 18/08/2018(UTC)
Chillax
#106 Posted : 19 August 2018 08:33:11(UTC)
Chillax

Man

Yeah, does look big now seeing it fitted mate! I had a quick look up under the dash yesterday after cleaning her interior and can see the spacer. I take it I just need to remove the lower dash panel for access, or does the steering column shroud stop it coming off and need to be removed too? I'm going to see what it's like once the spacer is removed. Might still need to change to a smaller wheel though at some point. Just leaving now to go pick up the new hood! Oh and I'll get the project thread starter today!

Kurokawa
#107 Posted : 21 August 2018 21:08:58(UTC)
Kurokawa

Originally Posted by: Chillax Go to Quoted Post

Well that was a disappointment! Went to see the car, which the seller had said previous owner kept in a heated garage with 4 halogen heater (yeah, they would say that!) and all I can say is there must have been a power cut! It was an utter shed! Sills had has patches welded over them at rear arches (old sill still underneath complete with rust) and one of the patches was actually loose! Oil leak near rear of engine, interior scruffy as hell (and stinking of damp), dents everywhere. Took it for a test drive, only to come to first junction to find it had NO brakes!! Brake pedal was just solid, hardly any movement at all and I was standing on the brake pedal to try and bring it to a halt! It drove rough as hell, and just felt generally done. Oh, and it apparently sailed through it's MOT 3 days ago, with the hole in the pass side sill and the afore mentioned patch on the drivers side coming off!

I have been hunting NA for 3 months now, and I don't trust MOT history now. found one claim to be rust free with MOT history check out. When the car turn up, even my partner could spot the bubbling and "brown" bit in the sill, yet the MOT was past 2 months ago with no advisory.

murakamiata
#108 Posted : 30 August 2018 22:51:15(UTC)
murakamiata

This whole thread is absolute gold. Thanks Chillax and Saz and everyone else for pitching in with great advice. Delighted to see Mindy! Absolutely lovely looking car. I hope she gives you many thousands of happy miles. Looking forward to seeing the new hood go on. I'm just beginning my adventure of buying my first MX5 and threads like this are just so helpful. Great forum, great community. Cheers all.