Welcome Guest! To enable all features please login.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
JamesReilly User is suspended until 12/09/2023 08:09:51(UTC)
#21 Posted : 12 September 2018 22:55:46(UTC)
JamesReilly

Groups: Registered

I personally would recommend using Vaseline, not for anything else you understand, other than the complete removal of that [material], worked for me in the USA a while back, same problem with a Mazda truck, a large pot of Vaseline will easily be enough for that car, found that liberal use of finger tips worked best, tooth brush and cotton buds were good to to apply in nooks and crannies, good stuff it is, many new uses found all of the time. I left it on for an hour or so, plenty of time for it to work on the other [material], then wiped the rest off with old news paper, not even a messy job really, and very easy to do.

Alternative, would suggest linseed oil pf some sort, is not actually an oil at all, is a fatty acid, and will never completely cure, they found samples of linseed oil in the tombs pf Egyptians, and even that hadn't dried out, reason it is used on cricket bat's of course, lot's of uses too. I would probably use same method as above, no point in "reinventing" the wheel on that one (he chuckles to himself).

In return, your preferred method of keeping cloth of convertible roof in tip top condition, ought to be some sort of waterproofer out there, similar to the [material] used to protect suede shoes probably, and ought to work well on those too, if it exists at all, must do, surely ?

Edited by user 12 September 2018 23:14:42(UTC)  | Reason: removal of expletives, correction of spelling