Welcome Guest! To enable all features please login.

Notification

Icon
Error

8 Pages«<678
burtonm
#141 Posted : 03 December 2018 11:40:01(UTC)
burtonm

Groups: AC, OCACA_19, OCMember, Registered
Man

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 66 post(s)

Originally Posted by: John Aston Go to Quoted Post

Originally Posted by: First rider off Go to Quoted Post

Originally Posted by: John Aston Go to Quoted Post
Some - but not all - cars have had problems. That is undeniable . But on the basis of everything I have read it is a minority - so just like Porsche Boxster and Ford Ecoboost engine problems then .But , as the owner of an early ND, I almost feel I should apologise for not having had problems.FOMO and all that ...

I really could do without people doing their best to make my car depreciate faster .

John, it is never going to depreciate as fast as a Fiata.

I am also confident if that the gearbox fails out of warranty Mazda will replace it. If you trade your car in in the future and the dealer says "Uum, you have an early car with the original gearbox, therefore we will not give you as much for it" then the reply is "So you sold me a substandard car in the first place!"

And their reply will be what ? 'We didn't sell you the car' or ' we aren't a Mazda dealer , WTF are you talking about?  ' or (if I make the 150mile trip to Wolverhampton to the dealer who sold me the car ) ' Sorry to hear that sir. But it is a four year old car and we aren't liable for every fault which might arise '.

And let's be clear - it isn't Mazda  with whom the legal buck stops but the seller . Mazda's only liability began and ended with its (now expired )warranty. 

Look , I don't have a problem with this  being discussed, especially by those unlucky enough to be affected, but let's not turn a little drama for the few into a crisis for the many .

I agree John, could we stick to reporting and discussing the facts, see my opening post

I would appreciate if this post could remained focused on the current problems with the ND gearbox and not become sidetracked onto other problems with the car or issues with other Mks .

Burton

Life is not a race to the end, but a leisurely journey enjoying the scenery
 2 users thanked burtonm for this useful post.
IanH on 03/12/2018(UTC), Drumtochty on 06/12/2018(UTC)
GarethC
#142 Posted : 03 December 2018 13:22:18(UTC)
GarethC

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 15 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Roadie Go to Quoted Post

I'm wondering if a lot of the difficulty in getting warranty problems sorted is with the particular dealer rather than Mazda UK. My dealer of choice (Nunns at Cleethorpes) is not the closest to me but they have a great reputations and I have found them to be most trustworthy. In general conversation with the service department I was told that Mazda UK tend to be good with out of warranty repairs using a sliding scale of contributions. If the vehicle has a full Mazda service history and the problem occurs soon after the warranty expires this would almost always be a 100% contribution. I'm not saying this is true, just what I have been told.

When people here are reporting a known issue with a TSB released by Mazda and the dealer is not prepared to do anything about it then I would be questioning whether this dealer was worthy of my custom.

Lots of reports on this thread and others saying 'my dealer doesn't want to know' and others saying 'my car is booked in for gearbox replacement' without any names being mentioned. If you have posted anything similar to this then maybe you could edit your post and name the dealer in question. Would be great to know which dealers were on our side rather than approaching one of the no hope ones.

Nail on the head, I think its unfortunately very dependant upon the dealership.  I'm going to be taking mine to a different dealer this time around, the problem I have is I don't cover very many miles in my car (approx. 2000 miles since March) and the car doesn't get driven often, therefore the symptoms don't often show and in the limited time the dealer drives the car they say they can't find any fault. Whining under acceleration is the most common problem I have and fairly consistent, but difficult to listen for (it can be quite loud at times but others hardly audible) , crunch into second is a lot more occasional but I have had it happen numerous times in the short journeys I make. 

Edited by user 03 December 2018 13:23:50(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked GarethC for this useful post.
Roadie on 03/12/2018(UTC)
phil.a
#143 Posted : 06 December 2018 18:29:09(UTC)
phil.a

Groups: OCMember, Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

2017 rf 2.0 going to take mine in stiff to get into 1st lumpy from 1st to 2nd lumpy from 2nd to 3rd all the rest no problem does get better when you you have driven a few miles lets se  what they say car done 16000