Welcome Guest! To enable all features please login.

Notification

Icon
Error

10 Pages«<8910
Dave276
#181 Posted : 17 January 2019 19:22:33(UTC)
Dave276

Groups: OCMember, Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Rodders

I would be interested. 1.5 nd registered 30/12/2015. just serviced and mot'd. 29,200 miles no signs of gear box problems. bbr engine remap. Live in Blackpool
TimLockhart
#182 Posted : 18 January 2019 10:10:34(UTC)
TimLockhart

Man

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 7 post(s)

Originally Posted by: rodders Go to Quoted Post

Question for you mk4 owners

If I was to offer a WARRANTY to cover your gearbox from year 3-6 so a 3 year warranty, this would be subject to us servicing your car so we know that the oils have been changed etc what would you be willing to pay???

a one off payment of £250?

please give me feedback

Paul

I would 100% be interested, my 16 plate 1.5 Sport Nav is experiencing crunching into 1st and 2nd and a very strange grinding noise under accelleration - i am currently trying to get my local dealer (whom i used to work for!) to get a new one on warranty but they feel that Mazda will evade it all and try and drag it out until the warranty ends in March. It concerns me as i do approx 45 miles a day 6 days a week and the car is my daily. 

Where abouts are you based? A warranty for £250 is amazing - in the event of a gearbox failure would you replace/repair with your upgraded and far superior gearbox? 

Have you ever known of a 1.5 to die like the 2.0 does? 

Davyo
#183 Posted : 18 January 2019 10:35:53(UTC)
Davyo

Man

Was thanked: 35 time(s) in 32 post(s)

Originally Posted by: TimLockhart Go to Quoted Post

Originally Posted by: rodders Go to Quoted Post

Question for you mk4 owners

If I was to offer a WARRANTY to cover your gearbox from year 3-6 so a 3 year warranty, this would be subject to us servicing your car so we know that the oils have been changed etc what would you be willing to pay???

a one off payment of £250?

please give me feedback

Paul

I would 100% be interested, my 16 plate 1.5 Sport Nav is experiencing crunching into 1st and 2nd and a very strange grinding noise under accelleration - i am currently trying to get my local dealer (whom i used to work for!) to get a new one on warranty but they feel that Mazda will evade it all and try and drag it out until the warranty ends in March. It concerns me as i do approx 45 miles a day 6 days a week and the car is my daily. 

Where abouts are you based? A warranty for £250 is amazing - in the event of a gearbox failure would you replace/repair with your upgraded and far superior gearbox? 

Have you ever known of a 1.5 to die like the 2.0 does? 

Even if out of warranty for a period it should still be honoured providing service is up to date and you have reported the problem during the main warranty period.I had a Ford Focus that had issues from buying it new.They could not find the issue and to be honest they had the car in bits.It eventually gave up the ghost 9mths out of warranty.However Ford replaced the part and gave that part a 12mth warranty.    

Jennings in Gateshead was the dealer and they couldn't do anything without the approval of Ford.It seems either Mazda are not being made aware of the true issue by the dealerships or Mazda don't care about customer care.The dealership shouldn't really be bothered as they get fully paid for any warranty work direct  of  Mazda.

Edited by user 18 January 2019 10:42:47(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Limon
#184 Posted : 18 January 2019 13:57:57(UTC)
Limon

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 12 post(s)

Hi Fellow mark 4 owners.

I had one of the very first  2litre ND cars in sept 2015,i did about 24000 miles with it,and have recently sold it,there was nothing at all wrong with the gearbox,changed gear and drove lovely,but the variuos problems people keep reporting,and mazda becoming more unhelpful regards possible warrantry claims ,this was part of the reason i am awaiting deloivery of a ND2 with new warrantry and much improved gearbox strength wise[i hope],did not want the hassle of just getting past warrantry and something going wrong and in effect being told to sod off by Mazda.

I think in couple years time there will eventually be as the early cars get older  a lot of poss gearbox failures,i assume Mazda will not help them at all,also Mazdas attitude to warrantry claims any change to car specs by addition of upgrades totally voids the warrantry,this i understand if the car has had engine upgrades as obv there is a gearbox weakness design wise,but i have heard of one person doing brake upgrade and being refused warrantry claim on a gearbox.I think if many do get gearbox problems as the years go by,used prices will be hit if it does become known liability certainly for the earlier models.

So i will start again on 1st of march with a new car with much improved stronger gearbox,better spec and more power etc all round,and most important new warrantry.And if necc will then start again with another new one in three years time or when the mark 5 is introduced.

All the best to fellow mark4 owners Simon H

rodders
#185 Posted : 18 January 2019 18:43:59(UTC)
rodders

Was thanked: 71 time(s) in 58 post(s)

Hi guys

to answer a question above...yes we have seen failures on both 2.0 & 1.5 cars

for us to warranty a gearbox we would need to service your car inc changing transmission oils, this is obviously to evaluate the gearbox before we warranty it (I'm sure you understand why we would do this) then for a fee of £250+vat we would warranty your gearbox for 3 years.

paul

Limon
#186 Posted : 18 January 2019 19:08:00(UTC)
Limon

Hi Paul
I think that your offer opf three year warrantry for £250.00 subject to a service with you first,is an amazing very fair offer,if i had not sold mine i would certainly do that deal with you.

All best Simon
First rider off
#187 Posted : 18 January 2019 19:42:44(UTC)
First rider off

Man

Was thanked: 124 time(s) in 90 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Limon Go to Quoted Post

Hi Fellow mark 4 owners.

I had one of the very first  2litre ND cars in sept 2015,i did about 24000 miles with it,and have recently sold it,there was nothing at all wrong with the gearbox,changed gear and drove lovely,but the variuos problems people keep reporting,and mazda becoming more unhelpful regards possible warrantry claims ,this was part of the reason i am awaiting deloivery of a ND2 with new warrantry and much improved gearbox strength wise[i hope],did not want the hassle of just getting past warrantry and something going wrong and in effect being told to sod off by Mazda.

I think in couple years time there will eventually be as the early cars get older  a lot of poss gearbox failures,i assume Mazda will not help them at all,also Mazdas attitude to warrantry claims any change to car specs by addition of upgrades totally voids the warrantry,this i understand if the car has had engine upgrades as obv there is a gearbox weakness design wise,but i have heard of one person doing brake upgrade and being refused warrantry claim on a gearbox.I think if many do get gearbox problems as the years go by,used prices will be hit if it does become known liability certainly for the earlier models.

So i will start again on 1st of march with a new car with much improved stronger gearbox,better spec and more power etc all round,and most important new warrantry.And if necc will then start again with another new one in three years time or when the mark 5 is introduced.

All the best to fellow mark4 owners Simon H

I am doing the same as Limon for the same reasons. My 2016 2.0 ND which has done 20K miles is not suffering any problems and the gearbox is superb, however, like Limon I am going to replace it for the new model. I have got a very good deal through Carwow and I will be trading in my old car. I am getting the equivalent of £16,000 for my old car which is pretty good. I would not think that anybody in the MX5OC would give me anywhere near this much knowing the gearbox had not been replaced.

ND 2.0 Sport-Nav Blue Reflex with Sand Trim
Previous 2.0 Sport NC, Davrian Mk4, Four Triumph Spitfires & one MG Midget.
Limon
#188 Posted : 18 January 2019 21:27:07(UTC)
Limon

Hi Team
Well i got £13500.00 for mine from private sale which i think was pretty good three years old warrantry expired though i did put the M.O.T on it,plus the person i sold it to had to service it and put two new tyres on it.
Also i then got a very very very good discount on the new one,life is to short to have the very very slight worry of gearbox failure outside warranty,ithink quite a lot of owners who have the ND1 may wqell do the same.

All best Simon

P.S I also ordered the safety pack as i fancied the rear view camera.
IanH
#189 Posted : 18 January 2019 21:44:57(UTC)
IanH

Groups: AC, Administrators, ContentManagement, ForumModerator, OCACA_33, OCMember, Registered

Was thanked: 423 time(s) in 329 post(s)

At £200 a year for a warranty I’ll effectively have 15 years of cover* (assuming £3K to source and fit a new box) vs stumping up more than that for a short term upgrade.

*unlikely to keep it for 15 years.