Welcome Guest! To enable all features please login.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages«<234
Countryboy
#61 Posted : 12 January 2019 17:10:19(UTC)
Countryboy

Groups: OCMember, Registered
Man

Was thanked: 458 time(s) in 407 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Davyo Go to Quoted Post

Don't have anything against any of the 5's other than the ND.The radio's the best thing about it.

In reality the problem was of your own making.  You had already decided what you wanted of a car and a quick look at the ND's spec. would have shown you that it wasn't the car for you.  To "rubbish" a perfectly good product just because it doesn't meet your requirements is just the same as trying to do a job that needed a spanner with a pair of pliers. and then saying that pliers are rubbish.  A bad workman/chooser always blames the tool/product.  

Edited by user 12 January 2019 17:28:55(UTC)  | Reason: correction of text

COG group member

Soul Red 2015 ND 1.5l SE-L Nav. Bog standard! But still fun!!

Don't take my post as a personal attack, it's not! Just sound advice stupid!

Old enough to know better! Too old to change!!
Davyo
#62 Posted : 12 January 2019 17:50:55(UTC)
Davyo

Man

Was thanked: 35 time(s) in 32 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Countryboy Go to Quoted Post

Don't have anything against any of the 5's other than the ND.The radio's the best thing about it.

In reality the problem was of your own making.  You had already decided what you wanted of a car and a quick look at the ND's spec. would have shown you that it wasn't the car for you.  To "rubbish" a perfectly good product just because you chose the wrong one is just the same as trying to do a job that needed a spanner with a pair of pliers. and then saying that pliers are rubbish.  A bad workman/chooser always blames the tool/product.

I didn't choose the wrong one,i chose the right one  for ME after I'd driven all three.Unfortunately the right one is no longer coming to the UK.Still its not all bad as i wouldn't of come across the SLK AMG.It isn't a petrol  heads car however as its packed with every gadget you can think of.

Gerryn
#63 Posted : 12 January 2019 18:09:08(UTC)
Gerryn

Man

Was thanked: 492 time(s) in 420 post(s)

Originally Posted by: saz9961 Go to Quoted Post

Originally Posted by: Gerryn Go to Quoted Post
I'm on the lookout for NB/NBFL problems, and there are few to answer. Space being taken up by new owners with what to me are pointless queries

From forum stats, active discussions:

1. A Thread of Frivolous Frivolities XXI Not my scene, I never indulge.
  2. End of the petrol heads? Obviously me!
  3. Front Brake Disc Dust Cover, Mazda MX5 Mk1 1.8 No - it's a mk1.
  4. Halfords discount Once
  5. HOPTON HALL SNOWDROP DRIVE SUNDAY 3rd FEBRUARY ? Not interested
  6. Mk4 / ND Gearbox problems Not recently
  7. Ladies Excuse Me Once
  8. Donington Historic 2019 - MX5OC two for one code? No - I can't drive
  9. Hello From The South Of Spain! Read only 0 thought the poster may be a Native
  10. DAB drops out on the hour on Radio 4 No- why would I read this?

Unanswered Topics

• Mould stains on mohair roof No mohair roof on my car
  • Looking for the member's MX5 Accidently erased part of this, but not mine
  • egr pipe / coolant reroute NA/NB Mechanical - I don't post on mechanical
  • Idle Air Control Valve ditto
  • Meeting at Owton Manor ?? not interested
  • FRL 2019 - Round M25 at midnight ditto
  • MK3 Mudflaps WTF?
  • West London Area - Monthly Pub Gathering - Monday 4th February ditto
  • Mk3 chrome fuel cap. LIkewise
  • MX5 racing at Kirkistown circuit Read only not my post

Seems a good mix of topics.  The forum is intended to be more than just a discussion of the latest break down from owners.

Saz - don't know whose stats you looked at, but most of these are not mine. Tempting to refer you to a well known source, but there's nothing wrong with your eyesight! I do however read other threads, - out of boredom mainly. Yesterday I posted advice on two NBFL threads- the only two in a couple of weeks.

'Five is Alive' Formerly 2002 Mk2.5 Sport- now sold.
Gerryn
#64 Posted : 12 January 2019 18:14:49(UTC)
Gerryn

Man

JMK - Like Robin, I would like to know what that 4.5L car really is - it does sound like a Bentley (one of my all time favorite cars) You seem to be one of a rare breed quite frankly.
Countryboy
#65 Posted : 12 January 2019 18:31:55(UTC)
Countryboy

Man

In reality the problem was of your own making.  You had already decided what you wanted of a car and a quick look at the ND's spec. would have shown you that it wasn't the car for you.  To "rubbish" a perfectly good product just because you chose the wrong one is just the same as trying to do a job that needed a spanner with a pair of pliers. and then saying that pliers are rubbish.  A bad workman/chooser always blames the tool/product.

I didn't choose the wrong one,i chose the right one  for ME after I'd driven all three.Unfortunately the right one is no longer coming to the UK.Still its not all bad as i wouldn't of come across the SLK AMG.It isn't a petrol  heads car however as its packed with every gadget you can think of.

SLK AMG, great car!  But then it always was about performance, that's why you could have eliminated the ND's, especially the 1.5l, by looking at their published performance figures and without taking unnecessary test drives resulting in crass condemnation.   Anyway, the Merc is a great car, not to my taste, but I hope you have great fun with it!

Edited by user 12 January 2019 18:35:29(UTC)  | Reason: correction of text

COG group member

First rider off
#66 Posted : 12 January 2019 18:50:36(UTC)
First rider off

Man

Was thanked: 124 time(s) in 90 post(s)

Hey! Does this mean you will be leaving the MX5 "Owners" Club as you will no longer have an MX5 and will be joining the Merc SLK "Owners" Club? 

ND 2.0 Sport-Nav Blue Reflex with Sand Trim
Previous 2.0 Sport NC, Davrian Mk4, Four Triumph Spitfires & one MG Midget.
Gerryn
#67 Posted : 12 January 2019 18:53:27(UTC)
Gerryn

Man

Had a very late night last night, went to bed at 3 am, woke up somewhat later - - - - -

Roadie - Not a Grumpy post, or I would have said so. More of a reflection of what I see every day on this forum, endless queries regarding Media applications. While some of us (thank God)n are still more in tune with the car.- The MX5 of course, what you do in any other vehicle, apart from Paul W, is your own business!

Why do I keep logging on every day? - Boredom? - No, mainly in the hope that someone sensible will buy my car, other than the local gent who expressed interest with the intention of ripping the car apart as a pure track car, which as stated in the advert, is not my intention. While I freely admit I have tracked the car in the past, I've enjoyed touring in it, partly as a former Events Co-ord, but mainly in France, where I still hope the car at least will spend it's days there, though I won't be with it, I need the NHS too much to make the one-way journey. Does that make me less English - not really, but I'm tempered by other residences in the distant past, and I have a different outlook to many true red white and blues.

I would love the opportunity to kick some life into Club MX5 France - with around 400 members, it needs some kicking believe me. Their first ever rally was held last year, and a very poor effort made to achieve it. Our first was held in a car park, but we have progressed well beyond that. So could they, but they do need ambition and know how. Alas - not to be.
Davyo
#68 Posted : 12 January 2019 19:13:57(UTC)
Davyo

Man

Was thanked: 35 time(s) in 32 post(s)

Originally Posted by: First rider off Go to Quoted Post

Hey! Does this mean you will be leaving the MX5 "Owners" Club as you will no longer have an MX5 and will be joining the Merc SLK "Owners" Club? 

I'm not a member of MX5 club.No i will not join a Merc Club & the 5 is being kept .Its going to get a full restoration and then its going to be my sons 1st car.

Edited by user 12 January 2019 19:15:07(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Countryboy
#69 Posted : 12 January 2019 19:29:16(UTC)
Countryboy

Man

I'm not a member of MX5 club.

Really?  Your details show :-

Groups. OC Member

Registered

Joined 30/01/2018 

Or are you not rejoining?

Edited by user 12 January 2019 19:37:49(UTC)  | Reason: correction of text

COG group member

saz9961
#70 Posted : 13 January 2019 00:24:15(UTC)
saz9961

Groups: ForumModerator, OCMember, Registered

Was thanked: 636 time(s) in 566 post(s)

Originally Posted by: saz9961 Go to Quoted Post

I'm on the lookout for NB/NBFL problems, and there are few to answer. Space being taken up by new owners with what to me are pointless queries

From forum stats, active discussions:

1. A Thread of Frivolous Frivolities XXI Not my scene, I never indulge.
  2. End of the petrol heads? Obviously me!
  3. Front Brake Disc Dust Cover, Mazda MX5 Mk1 1.8 No - it's a mk1.
  4. Halfords discount Once
  5. HOPTON HALL SNOWDROP DRIVE SUNDAY 3rd FEBRUARY ? Not interested
  6. Mk4 / ND Gearbox problems Not recently
  7. Ladies Excuse Me Once
  8. Donington Historic 2019 - MX5OC two for one code? No - I can't drive
  9. Hello From The South Of Spain! Read only 0 thought the poster may be a Native
  10. DAB drops out on the hour on Radio 4 No- why would I read this?

Unanswered Topics

• Mould stains on mohair roof No mohair roof on my car
  • Looking for the member's MX5 Accidently erased part of this, but not mine
  • egr pipe / coolant reroute NA/NB Mechanical - I don't post on mechanical
  • Idle Air Control Valve ditto
  • Meeting at Owton Manor ?? not interested
  • FRL 2019 - Round M25 at midnight ditto
  • MK3 Mudflaps WTF?
  • West London Area - Monthly Pub Gathering - Monday 4th February ditto
  • Mk3 chrome fuel cap. LIkewise
  • MX5 racing at Kirkistown circuit Read only not my post

Seems a good mix of topics.  The forum is intended to be more than just a discussion of the latest break down from owners.

Saz - don't know whose stats you looked at, but most of these are not mine. Tempting to refer you to a well known source, but there's nothing wrong with your eyesight! I do however read other threads, - out of boredom mainly. Yesterday I posted advice on two NBFL threads- the only two in a couple of weeks.

These were the "stats" (sic) visible to anyone at that time, from the forum landing page.

Perhaps if you want to read only NBFL threads, miataforum is more your scene. Sorry that the forum doesn't have as many members as the American site. I believe the yahoo list that you prefer is still in operation.