Welcome Guest! To enable all features please login.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
IanH
#21 Posted : 03 January 2019 12:43:29(UTC)
IanH

Groups: AC, Administrators, ContentManagement, ForumModerator, OCACA_33, OCMember, Registered

Was thanked: 456 time(s) in 344 post(s)

Thanks for sharing, great projects.

Mr_Over_Engineered
#22 Posted : 04 February 2019 13:20:56(UTC)
Mr_Over_Engineered

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Been doing a few things to change the look of the 5 over the winter, I was never happy with the IMG over fenders so they got chopped off. I was planning on getting the Waspworks ones to match the front fenders.... but my got that guy is useless. After many weeks of trying to get him to commit to a date I could pick them up (website states collection only) and lots of wasted time - I gave up. And out of some childish backlash I sold the Waspworks front arches......

Next up was the seats, tried to do a foamectomy and f****d it up so got some MK2 seats to replace them as I prefer the seperate headrests, there is more legroom now as the seat can go further back against the roll bar.

Changed the 15x8 et0 Rotas for some 15x8 et25 JR6s, and picked up some OEM front wings which I rolled before fitting the wheels.

Still waiting for the Firefly over fenders to cover the cut out rear arches. They are now 2 weeks late....

Found my new favourite tool - Rivnut gun!!! Best thing ever

Chillax
#23 Posted : 05 February 2019 08:36:00(UTC)
Chillax

Man

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 38 post(s)

Deffo prefer the look you're going for now, never been a big fan of the over arches as think the way they stick out from bumper looks wrong. That new kit, with the standard wings but rolled arches and side skirts looks ace..........and those wheels!!! Got a really nice stance now mate, liking this a lot! 

Drives: Mk1 Mazda MX5 NA. Life is a journey best travelled with the top down! https://futureclassiccars.uk

1 user thanked Chillax for this useful post.
Mr_Over_Engineered on 11/02/2019(UTC)
Mr_Over_Engineered
#24 Posted : 07 February 2019 12:04:06(UTC)
Mr_Over_Engineered

Originally Posted by: Chillax Go to Quoted Post

Deffo prefer the look you're going for now, never been a big fan of the over arches as think the way they stick out from bumper looks wrong. That new kit, with the standard wings but rolled arches and side skirts looks ace..........and those wheels!!! Got a really nice stance now mate, liking this a lot! 

Thanks man, finally got the new rear overfenders so got lots of work getting those fitted and the suspension dropped at the back. Then after its painted I will get some decent pictures of the finished product

1 user thanked Mr_Over_Engineered for this useful post.
Chillax on 08/02/2019(UTC)
Scottishfiver
#25 Posted : 07 February 2019 15:11:46(UTC)
Scottishfiver

Was thanked: 430 time(s) in 348 post(s)

Even as an old fart purist I'm liking this one...a bit...but looking forward to the finished product. 

Chillax
#26 Posted : 08 February 2019 01:10:18(UTC)
Chillax

Man

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 38 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Mr_Over_Engineered Go to Quoted Post

Originally Posted by: Chillax Go to Quoted Post

Thanks man, finally got the new rear overfenders so got lots of work getting those fitted and the suspension dropped at the back. Then after its painted I will get some decent pictures of the finished product

You're welcome mate, looking forward to the photos. Like I said, the front end looks so much nicer, much cleaner lines and a more cohesive look overall.

Drives: Mk1 Mazda MX5 NA. Life is a journey best travelled with the top down! https://futureclassiccars.uk

1 user thanked Chillax for this useful post.
Tommy24
#27 Posted : 09 February 2019 08:46:42(UTC)
Tommy24

Groups: OCMember, Registered
Man

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 12 post(s)
What a story! Like witnessing series of [censored]in’ Rides, Iron Resurrection and Wheeler Dealers rolled into one! I’m so envious of folk with the skill, vision and application like you obviously have. When I get anything done on mine I have to send it away and it costs even more. Keep up the good work. You should submit your story to Hard Top Soft Top as I’d love to see it in the magazine.
Silver 2.0 Sport 2008. BBR Stage 2 Turbo. Lowered on Ohlins.

1 user thanked Tommy24 for this useful post.
Tommy24
#28 Posted : 09 February 2019 08:48:26(UTC)
Tommy24

Man

Blimey it censored a word beginning with “B” that rhymes with “Rich” 😊

Mr_Over_Engineered
#29 Posted : 11 February 2019 10:15:54(UTC)
Mr_Over_Engineered

Originally Posted by: Tommy24 Go to Quoted Post
What a story! Like witnessing series of [censored]in’ Rides, Iron Resurrection and Wheeler Dealers rolled into one! I’m so envious of folk with the skill, vision and application like you obviously have. When I get anything done on mine I have to send it away and it costs even more. Keep up the good work. You should submit your story to Hard Top Soft Top as I’d love to see it in the magazine.

Appreciate it! Where would I find this Magazine?

Tommy24
#30 Posted : 11 February 2019 11:50:17(UTC)
Tommy24

Man

Soft top hard top is the owners club magazine which comes out every quarter. It often has renovation projects such as yours in. If you go on the website you will see more details. You will need to be a member, I Assume, in order to submit the story.

Mr_Over_Engineered
#31 Posted : 12 February 2019 10:47:43(UTC)
Mr_Over_Engineered

Took the 5 to work today and it performed great, handling has improved with the higher offset wheels. Feels more stable at speed also. Got a few quick pictures before I started stripping the body parts off ready to start painting.

Still have a bit of fiddling to do with the side skirts/doors to make the fitment a bit better, and im going to fab a plate up that mounts behind the join of the rear overfender/side skirt to fill the gap. They would normally overlap eachother but I wanted them to be seperately removable, hence why there is a small gap on one side and a 1 inch gap on the other  because i dont think ahead and measure properly!