Welcome Guest! To enable all features please login.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123
Roadie
#41 Posted : 16 February 2019 10:32:13(UTC)
Roadie

Groups: OCMember, Registered
Man

Was thanked: 520 time(s) in 423 post(s)

Teething problems on new Mazdas tend to be rare and minor so you can understand the dealer initially thinking it was probably something or nothing. In this case it has been identified as something major. Two days on from that happening they have you in something tasty as a loan car and are working on a solution. Looks like things are going to turn out well for you. Presumably it's a faulty engine block casting. Does anybody know if the up-rated 2.0 block is any different to the previous 2.0?

COG group member

Ex-Purveyor of ZSport badges to the gentry

Mk4 2.0 Sport Nav, Soul Red, Sand leather, Love it!
Mk3 2.0 ZSport, Beyoncé, Sold
Mk1 1.8 Merlot, Wino, Sold
Mk1 1.6 Eunos Classic Red, Roadie, Sold
 1 user thanked Roadie for this useful post.
Jarramag on 16/02/2019(UTC)
grumpybadger
#42 Posted : 16 February 2019 11:05:05(UTC)
grumpybadger

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 55 time(s) in 55 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Jarramag Go to Quoted Post

Hi first rider off

i first noticed the fault going up a fairly shallow incline slip road. Accelerating in 2nd and 3es gear. Revs relatively low around 3-4K. There was a distinct interruption in power and the Rev counter was bouncing up and down - like it was flicking between revs if you know what I mean. Way faster than I think I could make it do by accelerating, braking heavily then accelerating hard again. 

I haven’t had an update today but I’ll keep updating when I get further information. Thanks everyone for the input  

cheers

graham

My Mazda 3 (2018 MY) does this going up a slope 2.0 (120ps) seems fine all other times, it has a definite hesitation but I've always put it down to being cold as I always notice it on the same on slip when leaving the office.

Edited by user 16 February 2019 11:05:39(UTC)  | Reason: Added model year

Current: 2017 Soul Red Mk4 Sport Nav 2.0 / 1990 Eunos now an Orange Exocet. Previous: Arctic White 1.5 Sport Nav Mk4 (New Owner) / 25th Anniversary Edition original owner (New Owner) / 2013 Sport Graphite Limited Edition (New Owner)
andy1964
#43 Posted : 16 February 2019 12:37:04(UTC)
andy1964

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 45 post(s)

Mine hesitates slightly (only) when the engine's cold, it's always done that.  On a cold engine I always try & drive gently (of course) until it's warmed through but it's sometimes difficult to do that when joining the busy 40mph main road on the end of my street; occasionally, due to traffic, I have to accelerate a little more quickly than I'd ideally like to do with a cold engine & this is when the car feels as if it's holding back a bit.

2012 2.0 Sportech RC, Stormy Blue
Lives in Sheffield, UK