Welcome Guest! To enable all features please login.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages«<234
Thatbeetle
#61 Posted : 19 March 2019 15:39:14(UTC)
Thatbeetle

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 8 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Countryboy Go to Quoted Post

Originally Posted by: Thatbeetle Go to Quoted Post

Whoever it was at Mazda that made the decision to make the screen untouchable while moving needs to be publicly flogged imo. 

Sorry, have to disagree with you on that.  If you're fiddling with the screen (or anything else) whilst on the move you're not concentrating on your driving; accident waiting to happen.  Example, the recent court case of the truck driver who crashed into the back of a stationary car, killing the driver, whilst fiddling with his phone, verdict "causing death by dangerous driving".

We'll have to agree to disagree here. I find it far easier to touch a screen which is inline with my windscreen than have to take one hand off the wheel for a large amount of time, contort my arm and try and co-ordinate that controller with what's happening on the screen. I find myself looking at the screen for longer as i attempt to move the cursor around the screen, all of which could be done in most cases by a couple of touches. Or i do what i normally do, start off on a station and then just leave it or mute it because i can't be bothered fiddling, that or just play a playlist off the phone. 

Changing a favourite on the DAB for example; i can either scroll through using the wheel or move the controller over to click on the star or have to look down to find the star button, then i have to scroll down with the wheel to find the one i want all the time looking at the screen. This is normally done in a few stages. Or i could reach over, touch the star and then the one i want which would take a matter of a couple of seconds. 

Every other car with a modern interface in that i've driven lets you do this and to me it's far safer. Also you show me someone who doesn't mess with their infotainment, dash info, heating, heated seat buttons, windows etc and i'll show you a liar. To be looking down in your lap while texting or pissing around with your phone is one thing, adjusting a radio is another.  

Edited by user 19 March 2019 15:40:51(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

GarethC
#62 Posted : 19 March 2019 15:47:00(UTC)
GarethC

Man

Was thanked: 28 time(s) in 25 post(s)

It is much safer to look at the screen than down at the controls, I have unlocked this feature in my car and I'm much happier. 

GarethC
#63 Posted : 19 March 2019 15:49:50(UTC)
GarethC

Man

Was thanked: 28 time(s) in 25 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Thatbeetle Go to Quoted Post

Originally Posted by: GarethC Go to Quoted Post

Its much, much better with Carplay installed.

Sorry but i beg to differ with that. It offers nothing more than just hooking up your phone via bluetooth unless you really must use apple/google maps. You still have to use the silly controller knob in the apple interface and it's quite obvious that it's not made for that. 

Whoever it was at Mazda that made the decision to make the screen untouchable while moving needs to be publicly flogged imo. 

You can do most things via Siri voice control and I've got the screen enabled when driving so the interface is much easier and quicker to work with than the MZD interface.  MZD voice control I found never worked that well and was extremely slow to the point where it was distracting.