Welcome Guest! To enable all features please login.

Notification

Icon
Error

Al Dav.
#1 Posted : 08 November 2018 18:48:37(UTC)
Al Dav.

Groups: OCMember, Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

I’ve finally bit the bullet, and couldn’t be happier.....😁

Just had a new manifold, Pipercross filter & remap done at BLINK MOTORSPORT in Winsford...
First of all the guys at Blink are spot on.. Friendly, approachable and happy to chat all things MX5.

On the day I was there, there were 3 other 5’s in, all track cars, having various mods, upgrades and service work, so they know these cars well..!
I chose Blink purely because they are closest to me, just a 25 min drive away. Also at £1000 +VAT I though the package price was fair. 
So, onto the results....
The Dyno shows approx 25 extra BHP, which is very nice, but it’s not just about the numbers..
The ‘SPM’ (smiles-per-miles) have shot up...
It just seems very free spinning, and happy to let rip...
It’s still not a Porsche beater, but it’s very very close. 
The extra 25 ponies are very welcome, but the seat-of-the-pants feel is worth every penny....

HOWEVER...

For those thinking of replacing the backbox and doing the remap & manifold upgrade, I’d suggest doing the remap & manifold first, as all three mods together do sound a bit ‘boomy’, and you may find that you like the new exhaust note without spending £300 on a new backbox..??
😎🏎😁😎🏎😁😎🏎

Edited by user 10 November 2018 10:55:21(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

wolves mx5
#2 Posted : 09 November 2018 05:58:30(UTC)
wolves mx5

Groups: OCMember, Registered
Man

Was thanked: 148 time(s) in 135 post(s)

Have to echo your findings. I had a similar 185BHP upgrade done at BBR recently. Have to say I'm very pleased with the results. It's not going to knock you back in your seat stuff but it's certainly a big improvement over stock. The car feels so much more responsive throughout the Rev range. The extra ponies are indeed very welcome!

However

Yep I'd have to agree. I have BBRs grand tourer back box. The quieter of their two exhausts. Whilst I love it and knew it was what I wanted. It is a bit noisey and wouldn't be to everyone's taste...

Edited by user 11 November 2018 17:01:39(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Mark & Lisa

Mk3.5 Velocity Red 2.0 KURO 1st 2018 Nat Rally Lightly Mod
20th Anniv(sold)

BBR 185,Stubby,Illum G-knob/footwell,Sunvisor Transfer Removed,V-Wiper,Mudflaps,SmartTop,Xenon Bulbs,ILM Sway bars Drop links bonnet lifters Oil Cap,CarbonMiata bootliner,RSW Steering Wheel,DRL's