Welcome Guest! To enable all features please login.

Notification

Icon
Error

Cameraman Keeley
#1 Posted : 29 November 2018 08:57:12(UTC)
Cameraman Keeley

Groups: AC, OCACA_17, OCMember, Registered

Was thanked: 116 time(s) in 58 post(s)

Hello to all you NWM members out there and a big thanks to all who could make it to the meeting. As usual we had a great atmosphere in the room with much chuckling and light hearted banter going on. However this had to stop because Marcus and I  needed to tell our members what cunning plans we are working on for 2019 in addition to the normal area business.

A couple of new members were introduced to the area. Don and Bridie Heath. They come from Rugley and are the proud owners of a recently purchased MK3 that they saw for sale at the recently held National Rally, Ragley Hall. When asking Don if marooned on a desert island who would he most want with him he very correctly answered that he would want Bridie. Don received a rapturous round of applause has I shouted out "correct answer"

Roy tipped me off before the meeting that it would be Lynn's Birthday Saturday 1 December so that was celebrated by all.

Joint Area Events for 2019

As members may be aware the OC are very keen for areas to join together and independently from the OC arrange their own joint area events to celebrate 25 years of the club. With this in mind Marcus and I have been working on a few ideas that are works in progress at this stage but we wanted to share and gauge for interest.

Peaks and Pennines have a proposal to jump aboard a steam train on the "Peak Rail". Negotiations are on-going but it would be hoped they can put together a competitively priced package to include car parking and train ticket. Date under consideration is Sunday 14th July 2019. Marcus and I were aware that a number of our members will be already zoom zooming in Cumbria but even so we had a show of hands that were interested and so that will be fed back to our friends up in the Peaks.

South West Midlands are also trying to put an event together and at this stage have suggested a day out at the seaside for Sunday 30th June 2019. We will remain in communication with SWM on this and other event ideas as they progress.

North West Midlands......That's us isn't it!. Marcus has been in contact with organisers for a large car show to be held at Weston Park, Shropshire, 21/22 April 2019. There is a huge interest in our hoped for attendance next year especially as we celebrate 25 years of the club and 30 years of the MX5. There would be no limit on cars attending so this event will be proposed to Peak and Pennines, South West Midlands and a few other areas we are building contacts with. 

North West Midlands 2019 Events

Marcus has arranged a Meguiars car detailing workshop for Saturday 12th January 2019. Details to be posted separately on this forum in due course.

Tim Beetlestone gave a reminder about a grand day out on the Manchester Ship Canal, Saturday 8th June 2019. To date there are about 7 cars wishing to attend. Any other members that would love to join Tim and Julie then please post your interest on his separate forum post. Tim is wanting to place a provisional booking with the cruise company so a prompt response would help them greatly in their planning.

Limited capacity events.

North West Midlands has enjoyed a successful period of organised events that we are pleased to say have been well supported by our members. However there has been some recent disappointments that not all of our members are having the same opportunity to be involved with these exciting occasions.

Events have been announced at a meeting, or posted on the forum, and are fully booked within the same meeting, or within a couple of hours of being published. This means that members who were not able to attend the meeting, who have to get annual leave approved, or were not online at that moment, don't have an opportunity to be involved, as the event is already fully booked.

This is an indication of the success of our club, but as more members join, we should have a different way to manage those events that have a limited capacity. We are not suggesting that this needs to change for all events, ie where there is unrestrictive opportunity for taking part.

We would like to see an event raised at a monthly meeting, and/or posted onto our area forum a week, were possible, before bookings are taken. This should give all members an opportunity to consider and respond via the forum or other agreed method on or after the pre-agreed booking date.

There is still a responsibility on our members to monitor the forum on a regular basis to ensure they are not missing opportunities, but there should not be an expectation of a daily visit. We recommend to members that they set the watch feature on our forum pages, and we can offer advice on how to do this, so that our members can be alerted when new posts appear.

We think this process will only need applying to a small number of events and that it will improve the opportunity to participate for all our area members.

Planning for 2019.

More volunteers came forward at the meeting to arrange events for next year and we shall keep you all updated as soon as we have finalised details. 

Please note that Charlotte Jackson was very keen to attend a lot of our proposed events next year.

Expenses.

Organisers of runs are entitled to claim for fuel. Full details with claims forms can be obtained from your Joint Area Coordinators

Newsletter   February 2019.

Mr Reeves your friendly Newsletter editor is on the lookout for further content for the first newsletter of 2019. I along with Christine have promised to get some wise words down on paper together with some photos for the trio of xmas events that are coming up in the next couple of weeks. Mr Reeves seemed to think he would need to drastically edit any words of wisdom I had to offer!  Just for info All submissions to Mr Reeves need to be with him as soon as possible after the event because he has a deadline of 7th January 2019 to get his completed Newsletter to the printers.

So that's it for now and before I go I would like to remind you all that there will not be a December 2018 meeting and will see you all again next January 2019.

Jim Keeley  Joint AC  North West Midlands  

Edited by user 29 November 2018 09:42:07(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

North West Midlands Joint Area Co-ordinator
MK3 Soul Red 25th anniversary special
 4 users thanked Cameraman Keeley for this useful post.
stockrod on 29/11/2018(UTC), ekim on 29/11/2018(UTC), Jim and Dawn on 29/11/2018(UTC), Vaughan on 30/11/2018(UTC)