Welcome Guest! To enable all features please login.

Notification

Icon
Error

Dav
#1 Posted : 03 December 2018 12:17:28(UTC)
Dav

Groups: OCMember, Registered
Man

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Hi all!

After an unsuccesful appeal around 12 months ago I thought I would just give another shout out to see if anyone has (or knows where I could get hold of) an unwanted/unused set of genuine Mazda alloy sport pedal/footrest covers that were available as (what I imagine was a disproportionately expensive) option through dealerships (photo below). Perhaps someone has them but doesn't like the feel and could be tempted to go back to the grippier standard rubber pads for some cold hard cash?

The part numbers are:

• NC82-V8-220 (pedals)
  • NC89-V8-210 (foot rest)

I've been keeping a close eye on all the usual places but haven't seen any come up.

I'm aware of the IL motorsport ones but am not really a fan. I've also heard some Aston Martin pedals are similar, but when I looked into it I couldn't find a set that fit the Mk2.5 pedals properly without considerable modification (I could have been looking at the wrong ones mind).

I appreciate they are as rare as hen's teeth, but you can't blame a guy for asking!

Many thanks all!

Best

David

Pedals

Edited by user 03 December 2018 12:18:47(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Gerryn
#2 Posted : 03 December 2018 13:40:54(UTC)
Gerryn

Man

Was thanked: 454 time(s) in 398 post(s)
Obvious question - What did you do with the originals - or did the dealer dispose of them? I kept everything that came off my car, just in case, though I did sell the wheels and the front mudguards.
Five is Alive 2002 Mk2.5 Sport, with added Mazda body kit, 15 inch Rota Circuit 8 with Toyos, rescued wood rim steering wheel from a crashed Arizona. Air intake mods to come (one day!) Hard Dog Deuce rollbar. and HT (permanent fixture!) - It's still a sportscar.
Dav
#3 Posted : 03 December 2018 13:44:36(UTC)
Dav

Man

Originally Posted by: Gerryn Go to Quoted Post
Obvious question - What did you do with the originals - or did the dealer dispose of them? I kept everything that came off my car, just in case, though I did sell the wheels and the front mudguards.

Hi Gerry

I have the original rubber pads on the car at the moment - I was hoping to upgrade!

I believe the photo is from the catalogue - it seems to match the original 2005 "optional extras" brochure I have in my paperwork (I actually cribbed it from a now defunct ebay listing).

Best,

David

Gerryn
#4 Posted : 03 December 2018 18:24:11(UTC)
Gerryn

Man

Was thanked: 454 time(s) in 398 post(s)
David - my apologies, it seems I got the wrong impression, from you original post.

I nearly offered you a set I acquired back in 2002, but not Mazda, and not suitable (as I now recall) for road use, strictly for show purposes only. - It says so on the packet. I wasn't told that when I got them.
Lovely looking set - alloy with blue rubber inserts (matched my car) Not one for the footrest either - Rarely use it anyway, my foot stays hovering near the clutch pedal.

Why anyone would go through the bother of using these beats me, you have drill and tap each pedal base twice to mount them and who wants to go through this while attending a show, - and take them off afterwards?
Five is Alive 2002 Mk2.5 Sport, with added Mazda body kit, 15 inch Rota Circuit 8 with Toyos, rescued wood rim steering wheel from a crashed Arizona. Air intake mods to come (one day!) Hard Dog Deuce rollbar. and HT (permanent fixture!) - It's still a sportscar.
Dav
#5 Posted : 03 December 2018 18:40:05(UTC)
Dav

Man

Originally Posted by: Gerryn Go to Quoted Post
David - my apologies, it seems I got the wrong impression, from you original post.

I nearly offered you a set I acquired back in 2002, but not Mazda, and not suitable (as I now recall) for road use, strictly for show purposes only. - It says so on the packet. I wasn't told that when I got them.
Lovely looking set - alloy with blue rubber inserts (matched my car) Not one for the footrest either - Rarely use it anyway, my foot stays hovering near the clutch pedal.

Why anyone would go through the bother of using these beats me, you have drill and tap each pedal base twice to mount them and who wants to go through this while attending a show, - and take them off afterwards?

No problem Gerry! I agree - that's one of the reasons I wanted some genuine ones as they are road legal!

Best

David

MX5 123
#6 Posted : 03 December 2018 19:07:02(UTC)
MX5 123

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 220 time(s) in 218 post(s)
we may have some . Not sure but look familiar. I can check but doubt we will have full set. Maybe partial set
Dav
#7 Posted : 03 December 2018 19:08:08(UTC)
Dav

Man

Originally Posted by: MX5 123 Go to Quoted Post
we may have some . Not sure but look familiar. I can check but doubt we will have full set. Maybe partial set

Thanks - do let me know!