Welcome Guest! To enable all features please login.

Notification

Icon
Error

Cameraman Keeley
#1 Posted : 15 March 2019 09:28:03(UTC)
Cameraman Keeley

Groups: AC, OCACA_17, OCMember, Registered

Was thanked: 145 time(s) in 68 post(s)

Happy Friday to all NWM Folk.

Its now only a couple of days until our first run out in the fives of what is going to be a busy 2019. I'm sure Mike and Margaret have all their plans well in place and that you will all have a great time zoom zooming about the lanes of the Cotswolds. I say a busy 2019 and to add to our calendar of events I would just like to bring to your attention a invitation from Clare Gaffoor, Peaks and Pennines, to join with her and other areas as detailed below...

Hello! 
A warm hello on this glorious February day...

My name is Clare Gaffoor and I have been an active member of the MX-5 Owners Club for some time. I began my journey in a MK1 as part of the West Midlands Owners Club - 'Phoenix Fives' in 2012/13 and am now in a MK3 near Sheffield, currently a member of the Peaks and Pennines Area Club. 

I will have met with some of you over the years and others may know (of) me. I have participated as sub-organiser at some of the MX-5 OC Rallies and made Soft Top Hard Top cover photo in my budget built MK1, August 2015 (Vol:21 No.6).

I am emailing today, to personally invite you and your Area Club in attending JAPFEST - Europe's biggest Japanese Car Show to get involved with my organised display, exclusively for the Mazda MX5.

Held this year at both Silverstone (May 5th) and Donington (13th July), the MX5 exclusive display is named; MX5 TAKEOVER. This display successfully won Best Stand at Donington 2018 by achieving over 110 MX5 in attendance, the first attempt at using a JAPFEST event in uniting all owners from across the community. This year I am attempting to make it bigger and better, displaying a wider variety in vehicles and owners. I personally believe there is a void within this display which the Owners Club could fill, to much admiration. 

I will leave the underlying benefits of the Owners Club's presence to individual perception, though I also understand that this event may not be to everyone's appreciation or accessibility. Nevertheless, I extend the invitation to all, in the hopes we can really celebrate both the 30 Year Anniversary of the MX5 in addition to 25 Years of the Owners Club, in forms of a strong presence of MX5 across events this year. 

Organisation has begun on popular social media page, Facebook. The united stand is already gaining numbers at both events, with an attendance of clubs, groups and individuals from various backgrounds and hobby levels. Below you will find a link to each event, with all of the core information to each in their pinned post, but please feel free to clarify any questions you might have in response to this email. Tickets are direct from the venue/ organisers. This event is non-profit for myself, just enjoyment and experience. I will endeavour to get information onto the MX-5 Owners Club Forum this week and be able to engage with members directly for any questions they might have as individuals. 

MX5 TAKEOVER @ JAPFEST SILVERSTONE - Sunday 5th May  (Ticket Deadline - Tuesday 8th April)

MX5 TAKEOVER @ JAPFEST DONINGTON - Saturday 13th July (Ticket Deadline - Monday 17th June)

Thank you for your time, I look forward to your response.
I also look forward to meeting many of you at the Spring Rally in April!

Kind regards,

So there you have it. A most kind and generous offer to join up with other like minded MX5 owners in what looks quite an exciting event. Anyone interested in attending and is going to book up then do please let me know so that I can feed back to Clare.

Jim Keeley  Joint AC  North West Midlands

North West Midlands Joint Area Co-ordinator
MK3 Soul Red 25th anniversary special
 2 users thanked Cameraman Keeley for this useful post.
Vaughan on 15/03/2019(UTC), Chris &christine on 15/03/2019(UTC)
Vaughan
#2 Posted : 15 March 2019 11:15:03(UTC)
Vaughan

Groups: OCMember, Registered

Was thanked: 50 time(s) in 44 post(s)

Tickets booked for Donnington

1 user thanked Vaughan for this useful post.
Cameraman Keeley on 15/03/2019(UTC)