Welcome Guest! To enable all features please login.

Notification

Icon
Error

Profile: martin
WWW BLOG
Name: martin
Number of Posts: 7,441
[1.22% of all post / 1.91 posts per day]
Thanks Given: 101 (View Thanks)
Thanks Received: 356
Thanked Posts: 266
Community Reputation Received: 0
View All Posts by User
Topic: Forum speed   Go to last post
Posted: 19 November 2018 16:42:53(UTC)

Originally Posted by: ATR Go to Quoted Post
Good point - updates on progress always seem to need a prompt when they should be provided regularly.

Andrew

Agreed, and as Ramsay said not so long ago a succession plan is in hand with respect to the forum and other Club systems and an announcement was made in about August, at least it was in Soft Top Hardtop, and in email coms to Area Coordinators, plus discussion at the AC annual meet a few weeks ago, but on basis that forum itself has been working very well for the last few months its not made it on to here. I'll put my hand up and admit that's down to me probably. I'll find somewhere appropriate to post something up shortly..  

martin

MX5OC Chairman (...)

GB IRL F B MC I CH FL D AND E NL L

Topic: MX-5 RF Steering issue!   Go to last post
Posted: 17 November 2018 18:29:54(UTC)

Maybe get the alignment checked out by an independent expert, someone who is familiar with MX-5 geometry. 

It sounds a little bit similar to an Audi I had some years ago that took me a few attempts with a dealer to get the steering sorted. It was only at slow speeds but nearly on full lock turning left the wheel wanted to pull to full lock and not centre at all.  If you had a light touch on the wheel or you let go for it to centre on its own its was deadly, as it snapped to full lock, which is not what you expect at all of course...  Only did it turning left, right was fine. And I emphasise only at slow car park manoeuvre sort of speed, but they fixed it with a proper alignment check in the end.

And I also initially got someone at the dealership telling me it was a characteristic of a diesel A4 as well, which clearly it wasn't! 

martin

MX5OC Chairman (...)

Topic: [EASTERN] November Bury Meet! - Wednesday 7th November 2018   Go to last post
Posted: 07 November 2018 08:54:08(UTC)

and big celebrations for me tonight of course...

today is the 40th anniversary of passing my driving test... 

martin

MX5OC Chairman (...)

Topic: Latest at SEMA 2018   Go to last post
Posted: 04 November 2018 16:01:43(UTC)

thanks Saz, now you post that I do recall seeing it.  And love it. 

and...

martin

MX5OC Chairman (...)

Posted: 04 November 2018 12:22:59(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Gerryn Go to Quoted Post
Sorry about that, but there were several Mazda's featured, an R100, the RX7 and IIRC another RX7 too, or was it another model? A four rota with Turbo would suit some owners on here! Strictly quarter milers though, too much power for the 'open road'. (Dream on Gerry!)

No need to apologise! It just seemed odd that no one has seen fit to display any MX-5s this year, at SEMA, or if they have then they've not been in ant coverage Iv'e seen,  whereas in previous there have been those done by Mazda as well as others. 

Such as;

www.evo.co.uk%2Fmazda%2Fmx-5%2F16902%2Fmazda-reveals-featherweight-mx-5s-in-las-vegas&pref=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.co.uk%2F&xtz=0&abp=1&jv=13.11.4-stackpath&bv=2.5.1" alt="" width="1000" height="667" />

martin

MX5OC Chairman (...)

Posted: 03 November 2018 10:50:16(UTC)

I love looking through the mad stuff they get at SEMA every year, but can't see any MX-5s at all this year. 

martin

MX5OC Chairman (...)

Topic: Potholes   Go to last post
Posted: 31 October 2018 21:25:36(UTC)

Roads in Italy are worse than ours though, in fact a lot of them a terrible, and you see almost no roadworks at all, so they are only going to get worse. That is apart from the toll motorways which are much better than ours.

martin

MX5OC Chairman (...)

Topic: Private Reg Number   Go to last post
Posted: 31 October 2018 18:28:43(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Pete Williams Go to Quoted Post

I take it none of you wish to buy the registration then? 

sorry Pete, we kinda hijacked your for sale post, but at least its got plenty of attention..  

have you passed the details onto the Soft Top Hardtop editor as you can have an ad in the magazine for free as a Club member?

martin

MX5OC Chairman (...)

Posted: 31 October 2018 13:05:47(UTC)

Originally Posted by: iainf Go to Quoted Post
*cough, this is probably one for GDPR considerations.

quite possibly, hence finding out where and what the mythical "register" comprises of and who has it, and does it have the Club's name on it..!

martin

MX5OC Chairman (...)

Posted: 31 October 2018 08:51:11(UTC)

Originally Posted by: martin Go to Quoted Post

Pete - Have you notified Andrew Fearon? (Club Archive officer) he keeps the Le Mans register, and change of reg. number should be brought to his attention. - It's not important, but would be appreciated.

Gerry, 

Andrew's not been the Club Archivist for a while now and last time I saw a LM register, a couple of years ago, its was in the hands of Clive S?

Pete,

Perhaps check with Andrew though, he's still Area Coordinator for North Thames. andrewfearon at mx5oc.co.uk and may know, I'll also make some other enquiries.. 

That's odd, as I've emailed him twice this year re info about a Le Mans that's gone to France, and he's acknowledged both emails and thanked me for the information. Second one only a few weeks ago. Doug Passel kept the register, but gave it to Andrew, and AFAIK he still keeps it. Clive (I'm afraid, you already know about) and he's not been online for months, if not years.- Main reason why I acted for him for Exhibitions, Curboro etc. - that's going back some - - -!

thanks Gerry, I shall find out... 

martin

MX5OC Chairman (...)