Welcome Guest! To enable all features please login.

Notification

Icon
Error

Profile: martin
WWW BLOG
Name: martin
Number of Posts: 7,406
[1.23% of all post / 1.94 posts per day]
Thanks Given: 99 (View Thanks)
Thanks Received: 341
Thanked Posts: 262
Community Reputation Received: 0
View All Posts by User
Topic: NC show winner   Go to last post
Posted: 15 September 2018 20:45:32(UTC)

What about NA and NB showcase? I have 1 of each you might like?

martin

MX5OC social media coordinator (...)

GB IRL F B MC I CH FL D AND E NL L

Topic: Stelvio Pass   Go to last post
Posted: 31 August 2018 19:41:05(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Johnfrw Go to Quoted Post

Originally Posted by: airhead_irl Go to Quoted Post

Pick the time of day carefully though as touring coaches and cyclists with frustrate you otherwise !

I used to drive the circuit of f u r k a, grimsel ans susten passes

martin

Topic: NB Monaco in 1.8   Go to last post
Posted: 22 August 2018 12:21:11(UTC)

in the past obscure special editions end up being ones put together by a dealer, hence no general info on them.  A local member had a green MK2 a few years ago which was such a car, and it could have been a Monaco, memory fails me for more details. 

martin

Topic: Zero Tolerance on speeding.   Go to last post
Posted: 21 August 2018 11:05:46(UTC)

It my understanding that the 10% plus 2 mph leeway is not the given set criteria throughout the UK anyway, so even if you are doing 79 in a 70, 35 in a 30,you still at risk of being pulled over and being prosecuted. 

Its also fairly common knowledge that all speedos are set by manufacturers to under read, so you will always be doing fractionally under what the thing says you are. Worn tyres and a slightly smaller rolling radius will make that small under read a tiny bit smaller.

There's a saying that the speed limit is just that, its a limit, its not a target. Set yourself up to drive comfortably a few mph under that and you minimize the risks to your licence. 

Personally now the opportunity to get caught from fixed, mobile and other speed camera devices is so high I try very hard to set my own zero tolerance on speeding (and mostly I'm successful)! That means a motorway cruise at 70 max (set via cruise control when available), and given the appalling state of our roads, and of other drivers, why try to beat the system? 

martin

Topic: New ND colour option?   Go to last post
Posted: 17 August 2018 10:22:16(UTC)

yeah, its the Eternal Blue Mica that's on the RF Sport Black special edition, surely shirley..  

martin

Topic: Membership   Go to last post
Posted: 12 August 2018 18:24:12(UTC)

membership at mx5oc.co.uk

or

01984 656229  office hours.

martin

Topic: Clutch judder   Go to last post
Posted: 03 August 2018 07:21:19(UTC)

2.5s have a long history of clutch judder back when they were new. Many had several replacements by Mazda to fix this back in the day, some may not have ever been fixed I guess so there will presumably be examples out there that still do it. What's the history of the car, are you a recent owner?

Although your symptoms in my personal experience are not particularly those of the classic 2.5 judder which tends to be when reversing slowly and when hot rather than cold.  

Loads of info on 2.5 judder on here if you search.. 

martin

Topic: ND Android Auto/Apple Car Play   Go to last post
Posted: 02 August 2018 07:30:12(UTC)

Originally Posted by: GarethC Go to Quoted Post

Anyone know if it works via Bluetooth or requires the phone to be plugged in?  If it needs to be plugged in (into a mount etc) I certainly won't be bothering, I like my phone out of sight and not visible in the car when driving. 

I have it in a non MX5 and it does need the phone plugged in, it doesn't work via Bluetooth. Not sure why that is other than I suspect it may put quite a load on the phone battery. May be different in the MX-5. 

It duplicates in terms of phone, navigation, etc. what a car already does via bluetooth prep, but as its syncing directly with your google account (in my case) if for instance you look up a destination via google maps on your PC when you next get in the car and plug in the phone the destination will already be there to select, no searching needed. 

martin

Topic: Other OC area event   Go to last post
Posted: 29 July 2018 17:10:50(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Davyo Go to Quoted Post

Is it ok to go on other club area events? My area dont have much going on and id like to get out more often.

Of course it is, no problem at all.. 

martin

Topic: Air con kit for NB Facelift wanted   Go to last post
Posted: 16 July 2018 13:34:37(UTC)

Looking for complete kit of part to install air con in 2002 NB facelift.  PM me if you can help.

Here's hoping.. 

martin