Welcome Guest! To enable all features please login.

Notification

Icon
Error

Profile: Roadster Robbie
Name: Roadster Robbie
Number of Posts: 7,938
[1.30% of all post / 2.04 posts per day]
Thanks Given: 76 (View Thanks)
Thanks Received: 697
Thanked Posts: 660
Community Reputation Received: 0
View All Posts by User
Topic: Trickling sound behind dash since washing MK2   Go to last post
Posted: 14 November 2018 19:04:29(UTC)

Have you worked on the cooling system? An air lock in the heater matrix can lead to a water noise as water runs through it.

Disclaimer

Any work you do to your car is entirely your own responsibility. If in doubt, you should check technical advice with an independent , qualified person who has seen your car.

mx5eastern.co.uk - havemorefun.co.uk - merlotmotorsport.co.uk - roadsterrobbie.com

NA: RS Limited (Special car)
NA: Project Merlot (Track car)
ND: 1.5 Sport Nav Soft Top Soul Red Crystal (Wow! What a colour!)
Topic: MX5 ICON 2000 ORIGINAL WHEEL PATTERN SHAPE PAINT OR POLISHED   Go to last post
Posted: 12 November 2018 17:33:25(UTC)

I thought that the Icon had silver coated wheels (they flaked quite badly) rather than polished ones like the 10AE. The Trilogy did share the polished wheels with the 10 AE. The polished wheel part number is (or was) 9965J-66050.

Disclaimer

Any work you do to your car is entirely your own responsibility. If in doubt, you should check technical advice with an independent , qualified person who has seen your car.

mx5eastern.co.uk - havemorefun.co.uk - merlotmotorsport.co.uk - roadsterrobbie.com

Topic: Which wire to cut for immobiliser?   Go to last post
Posted: 12 November 2018 17:19:08(UTC)

I'd politely ask your MOT station to re-read the MOT Inspection Manual

https://www.mot-testing.service.gov.uk/documents/manuals/class3457/Section-7-Other-equipment.html#section_7.3

"You only need to inspect the anti-theft device on M1 vehicles first used on or after 1 September 2001 with a steering lock as an anti-theft device fitted as original equipment"

Disclaimer

Topic: No Keys new car - Can I get a key from Mazda or anywhere?   Go to last post
Posted: 11 November 2018 08:54:47(UTC)

Are you aware that you’ll need to get that key coded to the car to enable you to start the engine, you’ll need a minimum of 2 new keys too.

Disclaimer

Topic: Cover for my mx5   Go to last post
Posted: 11 November 2018 08:50:43(UTC)

In door or out door? Keep an eye on the club shop for an indoor one.

Disclaimer

Topic: Aside from MX5's what do members collect?   Go to last post
Posted: 10 November 2018 01:15:41(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Sonue Go to Quoted Post

...what do others collect?

Tat!

Disclaimer

Topic: No Keys new car - Can I get a key from Mazda or anywhere?   Go to last post
Posted: 09 November 2018 08:40:42(UTC)

Originally Posted by: fjohnw Go to Quoted Post

Originally Posted by: Roadie Go to Quoted Post

This does sound very suspicious. I do hope you are buying from the registered keeper at the registered address and also that the VIN number matches the V5 registration document. I would also expect the seller to be covering the cost of at least one working key unless you have paid a 'spares or repair' type of price. Ideally get two keys cut and coded and split the cost with the seller.

DITTO....as above

how on earth did you test drive the car...

Maybe the seller lost the key between the viewing and agreed collection date. Obviously the OP is happy with the situation.

Disclaimer

Topic: Fob   Go to last post
Posted: 09 November 2018 00:19:12(UTC)

loulou62, are you saying that the keyless entry transmitter works when you are sitting inside the car but doesn’t work properly if you are outside it?

Disclaimer

Topic: Cooling issues following rad replacement   Go to last post
Posted: 08 November 2018 08:27:11(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Blip1 Go to Quoted Post
Well I allowed the engine to idle for half an hour today, rad cap off, front of car raised. Very little happened to the coolant level; the heater became toasty hot, as did the top hose; bottom hose remained cold. At no point did the cooling fan kick in, even though the engine cam cover became too hot to touch. Engine temp needle remained steady at 11ish, just as before. No leaks evident.
Unconvinced, I took the car out for a 40min drive. Heater very hot, temp needle steady.
However when I pulled up at the end of the run, there was steam coming off the rad. - not a leak, but evaporation of excess fluid from the previous overflows etc - I was surprised that the rad was hot enough to create steam on it's surface - and still no cooling fan. Bottom hose now hot though.
With the front of the car back up on ramps, I let it cool down for half an hour, then took off the rad cap and allowed it to idle again. There were a few bubbles and I was able to add perhaps 100ml extra coolant. Within 15mins the cooling fan finally began kicking in and out as you would expect. Each time the water level would just creep up to the filler neck, dropping when the fan kicked in. I let it do this for a further 15mins before shutting down. Temp needle steady throughout.
So, although there are no obvious issues, and the temp gauge is completely steady, the radiator is getting pretty hot. I ran the car again later on, this time with cap in place, and once again it became hot enough to create steam off the wet surface.

Am I simply being paranoid, or should this be of concern? Hmm.

Guess I'll just keep a close eye on everything and report back in due course...

Nothing sounds out of the ordinary there...

Disclaimer

Topic: Finding out the history of my MX5 T540 OKL   Go to last post
Posted: 06 November 2018 19:05:58(UTC)

IIRC, an OKL reg is similar to the reg used for Mazda demos back in the day. It may have been a Mazda car originally.

Disclaimer

Sort User Name Name: Forum Rank: Joined Posts Location
Ape Regular poster 02 October 2013(UTC) 17
barneybear Advanced poster 06 August 2011(UTC) 1,462 Downham Market
CliveG Regular poster 28 November 2015(UTC) 67 Histon
Ed1994 Forum newbie 10 February 2017(UTC) 1 Cambridgeshire
Beegley Advanced poster 09 October 2012(UTC) 230 Soham
Team Malbec Advanced poster 17 June 2009(UTC) 267
Becky Advanced poster 10 November 2008(UTC) 177
sjk Advanced poster 28 February 2012(UTC) 438