Welcome Guest! To enable all features please login.

Notification

Icon
Error

Profile: Roadster Robbie
Name: Roadster Robbie
Number of Posts: 8,078
[1.30% of all post / 2.02 posts per day]
Thanks Given: 82 (View Thanks)
Thanks Received: 728
Thanked Posts: 689
Community Reputation Received: 0
View All Posts by User
Topic: Transmission Measurements   Go to last post
Posted: 18 March 2019 22:44:18(UTC)

I can answer those questions but not for a couple of weeks. If you're still waiting for an answer in April, drop me a PM.

Disclaimer

Any work you do to your car is entirely your own responsibility. If in doubt, you should check technical advice with an independent , qualified person who has seen your car. Any advice or information given or inferred in this post is the opinion of the author or the MX-5 Owners Club and not that of Mazda Motors UK (MMUK)

mx5eastern.co.uk - havemorefun.co.uk - merlotmotorsport.co.uk - roadsterrobbie.com

NA: RS Limited (Special car)
NA: Project Merlot (Track car)
ND: 2.0 litre Sport Nav (on order)
Topic: brakes   Go to last post
Posted: 18 March 2019 06:02:31(UTC)

The sliders sound right to me. 1 rubber sleeve on the front.

With regards to you original concern. Get the runout of the brake discs checked. If it‘s out of spec have the discs machined with an on the vehicle type brake lathe.

Disclaimer

Any work you do to your car is entirely your own responsibility. If in doubt, you should check technical advice with an independent , qualified person who has seen your car. Any advice or information given or inferred in this post is the opinion of the author or the MX-5 Owners Club and not that of Mazda Motors UK (MMUK)

mx5eastern.co.uk - havemorefun.co.uk - merlotmotorsport.co.uk - roadsterrobbie.com

Topic: Modern Cars - Pet Peeves   Go to last post
Posted: 16 March 2019 08:13:36(UTC)

I love and embrace the tech offered by modern cars. They are drivers aids and I adjust my driving to work with them.

Disclaimer

Topic: Transmission   Go to last post
Posted: 16 March 2019 07:51:44(UTC)

Originally Posted by: marpar Go to Quoted Post
I really would value your opinion.

I’d use a decelerometer, I’ve seen some types of diff on MX-5s get damaged using a roller brake tester (were they damaged before though?). I know that lots off MX-5s get roller brake tested with no adverse affects at all. I believe the testers manual states not to use a RBT if the transmission could be damaged.

Disclaimer

Topic: Transmission   Go to last post
Posted: 15 March 2019 18:58:43(UTC)

He was correct about each wheel being on a independent roller. Whether he should have tested your car on said rollers is a matter of opinion.

Disclaimer

Topic: Speedo Zero Offset Mk3.75   Go to last post
Posted: 15 March 2019 15:10:07(UTC)

Has all of the stuff the installer failed to install been removed? You could try taking it to a dealer and asking them to reprogram the module with As-Built data.

Disclaimer

Topic: Prototype MX5s   Go to last post
Posted: 14 March 2019 19:19:36(UTC)

Originally Posted by: saz9961 Go to Quoted Post
I've been reliably told there is a reason why the shocks are different on the blue car...

The look like NB top mounts to me.

Disclaimer

Topic: Cleaning/clearing roof drain tubes ??   Go to last post
Posted: 14 March 2019 19:12:33(UTC)
Disclaimer

Topic: Plastic Hub Caps   Go to last post
Posted: 14 March 2019 17:09:01(UTC)

Steel or alloy wheels? Steel wheels never had plastic hub caps from the factory.

Disclaimer

Topic: Mk1 Rear lights and dash lights   Go to last post
Posted: 13 March 2019 21:51:43(UTC)

Have they ever worked do you know? Is it a UK car or JDM? The most common cause for those sort of symptoms is someone fitting an after market rear fog lamp to a Roadster and removing the blanking plug that goes where the dashboard lights dimmer switch would be if fitted.

Disclaimer

Sort User Name Name: Forum Rank: Joined Posts Location
Ape Regular poster 02 October 2013(UTC) 17
barneybear Advanced poster 06 August 2011(UTC) 1,465 Downham Market
CliveG Regular poster 28 November 2015(UTC) 69 Histon
Ed1994 Forum newbie 10 February 2017(UTC) 1 Cambridgeshire
Beegley Advanced poster 09 October 2012(UTC) 230 Soham
Team Malbec Advanced poster 17 June 2009(UTC) 267
Becky Advanced poster 10 November 2008(UTC) 177
sjk Advanced poster 28 February 2012(UTC) 444