Welcome Guest! To enable all features please login.

Notification

Icon
Error

Profile: Roadster Robbie
Name: Roadster Robbie
Number of Posts: 7,845
[1.30% of all post / 2.09 posts per day]
Thanks Given: 66 (View Thanks)
Thanks Received: 668
Thanked Posts: 632
Community Reputation Received: 0
View All Posts by User
Topic: RS Limited   Go to last post
Posted: 17 July 2018 20:22:45(UTC)

Provisionally sold.

Disclaimer

Any work you do to your car is entirely your own responsibility. If in doubt, you should check technical advice with an independent , qualified person who has seen your car.

mx5eastern.co.uk - havemorefun.co.uk - merlotmotorsport.co.uk - roadsterrobbie.com

NA: RS Limited (Special car)
NA: Project Merlot (Track car)
NC: 1.8 Option Pack (Not Really my car)
ND: 1.5 Sport Nav Soft Top Soul Red Crystal (Wow! What a colour!)
Topic: heater only blows hot   Go to last post
Posted: 17 July 2018 06:56:53(UTC)

If you’re referring to your NC, then that gauge is set by the instrumeant cluster based on an oil pressure switch signal and engine speed and temperature readings from the PCM.

Disclaimer

Any work you do to your car is entirely your own responsibility. If in doubt, you should check technical advice with an independent , qualified person who has seen your car.

mx5eastern.co.uk - havemorefun.co.uk - merlotmotorsport.co.uk - roadsterrobbie.com

Topic: Fuel leak   Go to last post
Posted: 16 July 2018 18:36:37(UTC)

Yours sounds like a returnless system, pressure regulator in the tank. Is it an NB F/L?

Disclaimer

Topic: NC 2.0l sport intermittent power loss   Go to last post
Posted: 16 July 2018 18:23:01(UTC)

I’ve had possibly the same symptoms before, it turned out to be a failing wheel speed sensor for the DSC. In the end it put in a fault code for it. Is it a really light hesitation? Like you’ve lifted the throttle ever so slightly?

I put it down to the DSC “detecting” some wheel slip due to the faulty sensor and closing the throttle slightly to reduce engine torque and stop the “detected” slip.

Even though the DSC off light is on, I don’t think that the system is completely dormant.

Disclaimer

Topic: P0131 Code - How to change the O2 sensor?   Go to last post
Posted: 16 July 2018 11:54:40(UTC)
Sensor 2 is post cat. It’s accessible from under the car, the plug is on the transmission tunnel under the carpet behind the passenger seat.
Disclaimer

Topic: RS Limited   Go to last post
Posted: 15 July 2018 14:11:16(UTC)

Price reduction for quicker sale maybe?

Disclaimer

Topic: Wing Mirrors   Go to last post
Posted: 15 July 2018 12:55:53(UTC)

Phillips and JIS look pretty much identical at a quick glance. I use a Phillips screwdriver with no problems. A JIS screw can have has little dimple on the head to identify it, but not always. I compared the fit once of a Snap-On Phillips and Snap-On JIS screwdriver and struggled to see a difference really.

Disclaimer

Posted: 15 July 2018 09:35:55(UTC)

The trick, I find, to getting the screws out is to press your whole body weight onto the tool that you're using as you're turning it, this helps to prevent it from riding up and out of the screw. I use a big screwdriver, with a hex bolster at the top of the shaft and a spanner on the bolster.

Disclaimer

Posted: 15 July 2018 09:24:36(UTC)
It really is as simple as removing the plastic base cover and unscrewing the two #3 cross head screws, they may be tight so use a good fitting tool. Once fitted loosely the mirrors can easily be manipulated in to the correct position for final tightening of the screws.
Disclaimer

Topic: Fuel leak   Go to last post
Posted: 14 July 2018 15:37:43(UTC)
Rusted fuel filter/pipes or leaking rubber hoses leading to and from the fuel filter maybe.
Disclaimer

Sort User Name Name: Forum Rank: Joined Posts Location
Ape Regular poster 02 October 2013(UTC) 17
barneybear Advanced poster 06 August 2011(UTC) 1,454 Downham Market
CliveG Regular poster 28 November 2015(UTC) 66 Histon
Ed1994 Forum newbie 10 February 2017(UTC) 1 Cambridgeshire
Beegley Advanced poster 09 October 2012(UTC) 230 Soham
Team Malbec Advanced poster 17 June 2009(UTC) 267
Becky Advanced poster 10 November 2008(UTC) 177
sjk Advanced poster 28 February 2012(UTC) 429