Welcome Guest! To enable all features please login.

Notification

Icon
Error

Profile: saz9961
Name: saz9961
Number of Posts: 9,231
[1.53% of all post / 2.53 posts per day]
Thanks Given: 8 (View Thanks)
Thanks Received: 489
Thanked Posts: 440
Community Reputation Received: 0
View All Posts by User
Topic: RS RECARO SEATS   Go to last post
Posted: 17 July 2018 23:57:43(UTC)
Topic: BBS Replica Wheels   Go to last post
Posted: 17 July 2018 23:07:36(UTC)
Surely depends on the brand.

Reckon you will be out of luck.
Topic: What fits in the boot?   Go to last post
Posted: 17 July 2018 18:05:29(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Paul W Go to Quoted Post
Shocking. Hopefully the perpetrator got caught and received suitable punishment.

(I normally saw the legs off so the lid shuts..).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEg6faTj_co

Topic: Memories of M2 Incorporated   Go to last post
Posted: 17 July 2018 15:04:02(UTC)
The revelation that some of the M2s were part of a Hertz rental fleet is very interesting. What happened to those cars. If they were both numbered 000, then there were more 1001s that statements suggested.
Topic: New battery for 2001 Mk 2.5   Go to last post
Posted: 17 July 2018 14:58:14(UTC)
Don't discount the main dealer; they might be able to match the delivered price of the battery, compared to MX5parts (ie. including postage). Has worked for me.

I've revived dead Panasonics before in the past, on a trickle charge.
Topic: What fits in the boot?   Go to last post
Posted: 17 July 2018 05:59:08(UTC)
A corpse

Topic: P0131 Code - How to change the O2 sensor?   Go to last post
Posted: 16 July 2018 10:32:19(UTC)
I think the O2 sensor thread is easier to crack with the exhaust hot.
Topic: 0843 scam?   Go to last post
Posted: 15 July 2018 20:03:40(UTC)
You misunderstand; she was being told her bills were inflated because she was spending too much time on the internet (looking at youtube videos showing paraplegics how to get in and out of bed, because the NHS won't show her). Her phone is set to use her household wireless. As she is in a wheelchair, she never leaves the house, so its bogus to suggest spending too much time on the internet is whacking up her bill.

She is not making these calls. 084 calls received on her phone should attract no charge. The charge is made when you reply, which she is not.

If you want to know the number, its 08432891197.

The scam seems similar to this, but I wasn't understanding the use of the Care Agency's own number:
https://www.telegraph.co...lls-for-calls-they-neve/

Not the first time this phone have given issues. She kept receiving odd texts, which I had to google to get a meaning of; it was Somali gangster slang. Then odd calls, which I answered, and some dude asking what did I do to his nephew. Despite telling him he had the wrong number and stop being an idiot, he kept calling, threatening all kinds of violence. Amusing for a while, being caught up in some Somali clan feud.
Topic: 1990 Mark 1 very sluggish in 1st and 2nd gears on start up.   Go to last post
Posted: 15 July 2018 19:05:37(UTC)

Check the tool roll. Mazda supplied a plug remover with that.

I use Thrussington Garage in East Goscote. Mike is cool with me leaving him with the car for the week.

Topic: 0843 scam?   Go to last post
Posted: 15 July 2018 19:00:28(UTC)

When my mother was in hospital, she was set up with a Smart Phone; she isn't very tech savvy, but enjoyed using it to browse the internet. There was no issue. All of a sudden, she has been whacked with these huge bills; normally £45 a month, now £200. Looking at the itemised bill, the inflated bills are due to repeated 4 hour (precisely) calls to an 0843 number, that is the same number as her care agency.

I thought at first that she was not hanging up properly, but no other numbers shows the same duration. She is housebound (paraplegic), her phone is set to wireless, so internet usage should have no impact, though now she's afraid to use the internet.

I've come across stories from 2016 which sound very similar.  Anyone understand how this scam works? The number is not an unknown number, its a number to her care agency. I'm figuring maybe blocking this number on her phone ought to do it.

Sort User Name Name: Forum Rank: Joined Posts Location
Geoff Walton Advanced poster 26 May 2008(UTC) 11,613 Sunshine Coast Australia
dfr Advanced poster 17 July 2009(UTC) 473