Welcome Guest! To enable all features please login.

Notification

Icon
Error

Profile: elliep
Name: elliep
Number of Posts: 48
[0.01% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
Thanks Given: 0 (View Thanks)
Thanks Received: 0
Thanked Posts: 0
Community Reputation Received: 0
View All Posts by User
Topic: Balloon ride tickets for the Spring Rally   Go to last post
Posted: 06 April 2017 11:40:23(UTC)

Originally Posted by: iainf Go to Quoted Post
We are up up and away ....

http://store.mx5oc.co.uk/spring-rally-balloon-flight-3212-p.asp

Woo hoo!!! Booked!!!  

Suki Mk 1 - Chassis Number 33 (Oldest in the UK)

OC Member since March 2003!
Topic: Eastern Area Coordinator   Go to last post
Posted: 14 July 2015 08:26:04(UTC)

Good morning friends in ER!

I've just been made aware of this post over the weekend and feel I should offer some help and support here.

It seems that David may have jumped the gun a bit here and gone with the first choice he received. Probably wanting to make sure that the post was filled and a smooth transition happening as soon as possible. Reading these posts, it seems that there are now other volunteers who wish to be considered. 

In my experience as a former AC, the procedure is whatever the outgoing AC adopts. However, saying that it would be prudent to always put a cut off date and then put the choice(s) to the membership to vote. Is this what the members of ER wish? 

I don't wish to go over past events so I want to look forward and see how we can best resolve this matter for all concerned.

Another question is did you want to look to having a joint AC? This has worked in many other areas and helps spread the load between the two members. This then draws on strengths and can make the role more democratic.

I have not taken any steps at present to make Gary the AC for ER. Would you like me to help you with this? I shall be in Stansted for the national committee meeting this weekend. I would be available late afternoon on Friday to meet with Gary and Foolhandy (sorry I don't know your name).

Please feel free to email me (details in Soft Top Hard Top).

Best wishes

Ellie

Topic: "Evening Run" Tuesday 7th July   Go to last post
Posted: 13 June 2015 18:03:54(UTC)

another message from Patricia:

"Evening Run"
Tuesday 7th July
6.30pm
Meeting at The Swan at Heddon-on-the-Wall, Newcastle upon Tyne NE15 0DR at 6.30pm for a 7.00pm start. (The Swan does fantastic food for those of you who want to come straight from work and dine before the run). This run will end at the Beamish Hall Hotel at around 9pm

Topic: "Fred's Run" Sunday 28th June   Go to last post
Posted: 13 June 2015 17:59:50(UTC)

Patricia has asked me to post this for her :

"Fred's Run"
Sunday 28th June
9.30 for a 10am start
Meeting at Washington services (NORTHBOUND) for a 120 mile drive, via Chopwell, Slaley, Corbridge, Stamfordham, Kirkharle Crafts Centre (lunch), Hartburn, Netherwitton, Rothbury, Shilbottle, Acklington, Morpeth, ending up at the Three Horseshoes PH, Horton, Northumberland NE24

Topic: Area newsletters   Go to last post
Posted: 23 December 2014 22:05:43(UTC)

Hi everyone

this has just been brought to my attention. As it's now Christmas and I am not going to be available to do anything about this now until the New Year I suggest you leave it with me for to discuss this at our next committee meeting in mid January. 

Many thanks

Ellie

Topic: International MX-5 Meet - 14 to 17 May 2015   Go to last post
Posted: 03 October 2014 10:58:11(UTC)

SWM area have forged links with the Netherlands MX-5 Owners Club over the past few months following their visit over the Easter period. 

They have sent us details of the first International meeting they are hosting in May 2015. Some of us from SWM have already signed up to attend but I thought that the rest of the OC may be interested to to come along too. 

Details can be found on their website http://international.mx-5owners.nl/event/

It sounds like a fab weekend with lots organised for us. Places are limited and there is a discounted price if booked before 26th October.

Hope to see you there.

Cheers

Ellie

Topic: Goodwood FoS MX-5 Anniversary Stand.   Go to last post
Posted: 28 June 2014 07:45:48(UTC)
Wow! That's my 1989 mark 1. Fab photo! I'm off to see her tomorrow!

Topic: Oldest MX5 in the UK ?   Go to last post
Posted: 15 March 2014 11:19:21(UTC)

Hi guys

Just replying to these old posts from a year ago. Sam Goodwin's car is chassis number 37. Have have Chassis number 33 built on 20th June 1989.

Topic: Is my MX5 / Eunos Roadster a vintage?   Go to last post
Posted: 03 February 2014 06:56:07(UTC)
Originally Posted by: elliep Go to Quoted Post
Hi folks. I have chassis number 33 which I believe is the 13th production car eunos built in June 1989. Which makes mine a little older than Sam Goodwins. There was an article about mine in Soft Top Hard Top a few years ago.

She still goes and is hoping to get some body work repairs and a respray this coming spring. Watch out for her at Booklands!

That's NA6CE-100033 VIN number.

Topic: Is my MX5 / Eunos Roadster a vintage?   Go to last post
Posted: 03 February 2014 06:53:53(UTC)
Hi folks. I have chassis number 33 which I believe is the 13th production car eunos built in June 1989. Which makes mine a little older than Sam Goodwins. There was an article about mine in Soft Top Hard Top a few years ago.

She still goes and is hoping to get some body work repairs and a respray this coming spring. Watch out for her at Booklands!