A return to the popular Blues & Two Weekend. There will be a display of retired Emergency Service vehicles with demonstrations of fire and rescue, road traffic accidents etc.
A well drained grassy area has been reserved for the MX5’s, there are a small number of picnic tables by the cafe, please bring you own tables and chairs if you intend to picnic
The Trolleybus Museum at Sandtoft has over 60 historic trolleybuses in its collection. Many are in working order and on open days visitors can ride on them. Most of our trolleybuses come from towns and cities around Britain, but there are also a few important examples from around Europe and from Canada and New Zealand. To complement the trolleybuses, the Museum has a number of other historic vehicles, many of them diesel buses.
The Trolleybus Museum at Sandtoft houses the world’s largest collection of historic trolleybuses and occupies almost 8 acres of what used to be RAF Sandtoft. Some of the former taxiway leading to the old airfield’s three runways forms part of the quarter-mile trolleybus circuit, around which you can experience, on open days, a trip on some of our historic trolleybuses. The large concreted area between the main trolleybus depot and the café/ shop building used to be the floor of a massive aircraft hanger.
By clicking on the pictorial diagram of the Trolleybus Museum site, you can read more about the layout of the Museum and the key buildings and features.
The normal attractions include:
- Selection of trolleybuses in operation to ride on
- In-house 5-rated cafe serving made-to-order meals, delicious home-made cakes and hot and cold drinks
- Vintage motorbus guided tour of surrounding local area (the Isle of Axholme) **
- TOY museum
- Trolleybus displays
- 1950s/ 60s shop window displays
- The period Sunbeam cycle shop exhibition
- 1950s Prefab “home” display
- Audio-visual presentations in the “Regal” lecture theatre
- Children’s full-sized trolleybus “Have a Go at Driving” simulator (located in the café)
- Guided tours of vehicles in the main depot building
- Souvenir shop
- Gardens & nature trail
- Free tours of the surrounding local area (the Isle of Axholme) will be available for members of The MX5 Owners Club, in a Vintage motorbus.
A Virtual Tour
You can also take a Google virtual tour of the Trolleybus Museum starting in the cafe area
Trolleyday Plus days :
A 15% discount has been negotiated for members of The MX5 Owners Club on production of their membership card
As usual members (and prospective members) are welcome to join or leave the run at any point, please let the organiser know if you intend to do this so we are not waiting for you, and if you are leaving mid route, ensure that the cars behind know you are leaving the convoy, or you may find you have extra guests at your house for tea !!
Please study the clubs Good Driving Guide before coming on your first run
A route card will be added here on or before Saturday night, please print it out and bring it with you, this is a health and safety requirement. Approx 65 miles from The Stockyard, Hellaby to Sandtoft via Hayfield Lakes