The final run of 2019 will be to a National Trust property, provisionally Fountains Abbey and Studley Royal , with a comfort stop at Squires The Bikers Cafe
It’s the time of year when holly berries dot the trees and frosts blanket the grounds. Layer up and come together to relax, unwind and embrace this festive time of year at Fountains Abbey and Studley Royal for a day out you’ll remember forever.
Christmas starts here…
It starts as you follow the trail of trees down the drive… Snap a selfie with the Christmas tree in the courtyard and visit the bird hide to see which winter birds you can see on your way down to the abbey.
Pick up an audio guide from admissions, immerse yourself in the life of the monks in Porter’s Lodge or join an abbey tour on weekends to learn all about the dramatic history of these ruins and the monks who searched for a simpler life.
Sing along with hundreds of others and Ripon City Band in Fountains Abbey this Christmas
Christmas is seeing the abbey glow…
Lit up with all the colours of the rainbow on weekends throughout December, the abbey is a sight to see. Walk beneath the cellarium’s vaulted ceilings, under the grand columns of the nave and listen to the choir as they fill the ruins with festive song. Join in if you know the tune!
Come to hear the choir sing in the abbey cellarium
Hear the choirs sing between 2-3pm in the cellarium
The 2018 line up was
- Saturday 24 November Harrogate Theatre Choir
- Sunday 25 November Eurythmia Ensemble
- Saturday 1 December Woodhouse Grove School
- Sunday 2 December Boroughbridge Community Choir and Queen Ethelburga’s Choir
- Saturday 8 December Harrogate Ladies’ College Chapel Choir
- Saturday 15 December Royal British Legion Band
- Sunday 16 December Skelldale Singers
- Saturday 22 December Archbishop Holgates Chamber Choir 12.45- 1.45pm, Nidd Chorale 3.15-4.15 & Ripon Trinity Singers 2pm-3pm
- Sunday 23 December Ripon City Band
- Thursday 27 December Ripon Choral Society