EVENT CANCELLED sorry
All Areas of The MX-5 Owners Club are invited to
A well drained grassy area has been reserved for the MX5’s, there are a small number of picnic tables by the cafe, please bring you own tables and chairs if you intend to picnic
From the Trolley Bus Museums web page –
Sunday 14 June is the second Trolleyday Plus Day in June, when, as well as operating a selection of trolleybuses (see below) for visitors to ride on, we host the East Yorkshire Thoroughbred Car Club’s Rally.
The East Yorkshire Thoroughbred Car Club is expecting over 75 cars from yesteryear to congregate at the Trolleybus Museum for its rally.
The Trolleybus Museum at Sandtoft has over 60 historic trolleybuses in its collection. Many are in working order and on open days visitors can ride on them. Most of our trolleybuses come from towns and cities around Britain, but there are also a few important examples from around Europe and from Canada and New Zealand. To complement the trolleybuses, the Museum has a number of other historic vehicles, many of them diesel buses.
The Museum offers a fascinating day out for all the family. It is open on specific open days only between April and November (we call these “Trolleydays”) when visitors can ride on some of our trolleybuses – electrically-operated rubber-tyred buses that draw 575 volts DC mains electricity from specially constructed overhead wiring. As well as riding on the trolleybuses, there are many other things to see and do, designed to interest you whether or not you like trolleybuses and transport. There is also the 5-rated café which is a must to visit, with made-to-order meals, delicious home-made cakes and hot and cold drinks normally on offer.
The normal attractions include:
- Selection of trolleybuses in operation to ride on
- In-house 5-rated cafe serving made-to-order meals, delicious home-made cakes and hot and cold drinks
- Vintage motorbus guided tour of surrounding local area (the Isle of Axholme) **
- TOY museum
- Trolleybus displays
- 1950s/ 60s shop window displays
- The period Sunbeam cycle shop exhibition
- 1950s Prefab “home” display
- Audio-visual presentations in the “Regal” lecture theatre
- Children’s full-sized trolleybus “Have a Go at Driving” simulator (located in the café)
- Guided tours of vehicles in the main depot building
- Souvenir shop
- Gardens & nature trail
Normal prices (2019)
Adult: £11.00 each
Senior £9.00 each
A 15% discount will negotiated for members of The MX5 Owners Club on production of their membership card
Free tours of the surrounding local area (the Isle of Axholme) are available for members of The MX5 Owners Club, in a Vintage motorbus.